Fwd: Problem with xorg ati driver (open source "ati")

Geert Jan Klinkhamer development at whatmatterstome.org
Sat Oct 20 15:51:03 PDT 2007

Hello,

I have the same problem with my ATI card and an IIyama prolite E1900WS. It
starts up on a monitor resolution (2880x900) twice the value it should be
(1440x900).
The work arround I found is to open your monitor settings through the
configuration window an set the monitor resolution back to 1440x900.
I am still looking for a solution to get it right at startup.

Geert Jan