glyph-pixmaps merged

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Oct 20 18:09:51 PDT 2007

Keith Packard wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-10-20 at 17:19 -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
>
>> And my version of this header is not self-contained.  It uses
>> size_t without including stddef.h.  Could we please add it
>> explicitly?
>
> Sounds like your library is broken, but adding stddef.h is easy enough;

This is openssl-devel-0.9.8b-15.fc7.x86_64.

> patches welcome as always.

Attached below.

> We need a strong hash function as this replaces the previous weak hash +
> memcmp when checking incoming glyphs for matches with the existing set
> of server-resident glyphs. One could argue that this must be
> cryptographically secure to avoid applications uploading misleading
> glyph images.

I see.  The old hashing algorithm is still there.  Is it going to
be culled later on?

> Patches to use alternate SHA1 implementation would also be welcome, if
> anyone has reason to choose other bits.

Hmmm... I'd prefer to keep the X server external dependencies to the
current minimum, but I don't feel strongly enough on it to make it
happen :-)

--
 \___/
 |___|   Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/