Glucose status/instructions request, (and notes on stale branches)

Matthias Hopf mhopf at suse.de
Mon Oct 22 10:24:26 PDT 2007

On Oct 18, 07 20:28:45 -0700, Keith Packard wrote:
> I've spoken often about the desire to reduce our driver complexity by
> looking to GL as a shared rendering API, so I'm on the record as
> supporting the general plan here, I'd just like to moderate the flux in
> master to keep things more stable. With Mesa moving to Gallium, it may
> be reasonable for X to look to Gallium as well, instead of using OpenGL.

I don't think Gallium is the right way to do, because OpenGL is a well
standardized API, while Gallium is extremely new and will probably not
be used by other OpenGL stacks than Mesa. Though this might be not too
problematic if both NVidia and AMD won't support glucose anyway, but
will continue to use their own acceleration infrastructure.

My 2 cents

Matthias

--
Matthias Hopf <mhopf at suse.de>      __        __   __