xf86-video-ati-6.7.195, no DVI output

Giuliano Pochini pochini at shiny.it
Wed Oct 24 12:20:15 PDT 2007

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 18:44:50 -0400
"Alex Deucher" <alexdeucher at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/22/07, Giuliano Pochini <pochini at shiny.it> wrote:
> > On Sun, 21 Oct 2007 17:12:15 -0400

> > > Mac cards don't have a connector table so we don't usually know how
> > > the ports are wired up.  You may need a custom connector table, but
> > > I'm guessing the ddc lines are just reversed.  Can you post your xorg
> > > log and tell me what ports your card has and which ones you are using?
> >
> > The card has two ports: a standard DVI and an weird Apple port, which is a
> > DVI port plus power line AFAIK. The DVI port also provides analog outputs,
> > so I used a simple adaptor to connect the VGA port of the same LCD display
> > to the DVI port of the card.
> >

> Ah ok.  I think that's the same card benh was playing with last night.
>  You are going to need completely custom connectortable.  remove the
> the reverseddc option and try the following options.  We'll probably
> have to sort out which dacs and ddc lines map to which ports.
>
> go through these options and let me know which one works for you:
>
> Option "ConnectorTable" "3,1,0,3,2,0,1,3"
>
> Option "ConnectorTable" "3,0,0,3,2,1,1,3"
>
> Option "ConnectorTable" "2,1,0,3,3,0,1,3"
>
> Option "ConnectorTable" "2,0,0,3,3,1,1,3"

1 and 2 don't work. 3 and 4 do.

I put the logs here:

http://www.webalice.it/g_pochini/Xorg.0.log_conn1
http://www.webalice.it/g_pochini/Xorg.0.log_conn2
http://www.webalice.it/g_pochini/Xorg.0.log_conn3
http://www.webalice.it/g_pochini/Xorg.0.log_conn4

I noticed another issue: neither xvidtune nor ctrl+alt+KP+/KP- can change
the screen settings. xvidtune complains about invalid settings and it writes
this in the logs:

xf86CheckModeForDriver: called with invalid scrnInfoRec

> > - ReverseDDC=false and VGA port: It seems to work fine. The initialization
> > issue I reported a few months ago is fixed ("flickering red channel").
> > log: http://www.webalice.it/g_pochini/Xorg.0.log_VGA_noDDCrev

I'm sorry, but the flickering red channel problem is still here. At least
now we know that it only affects the DVI output.

--
Giuliano.