Horizontal mouse wheel (a4tech mouse) with X ?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 06:40:30 PDT 2007

On 10/25/07, Pavel Troller <patrol at sinus.cz> wrote:
> Hi!
>   I'm a new owner of an A4tech X5-005D mouse. This one is equipped with two
> wheels for vertical and horizontal scrolling.
>   I can't make the horizontal wheel work properly. It generates exactly the
> same events as the vertical one - buttons 4 and 5.
>   Using xev, I've found that my mouse can generate events from "buttons"
> 1,2,3,4,5,4,5,8,9 - the later 4,5 generates the horizontal wheel, instead of
> 6,7. I don't know why.

I have a horizontal wheel on a Logitech mouse. I use the evdev driver
in xorg.conf, and everything works great. The only thing I had to do
was change so that pressing the button left vs. right generated the
correct event.

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Logitech Optical Mouse"
        Driver      "evdev"
        Option      "Name" "Logitech USB-PS/2 Optical Mouse"
        Option      "HWHEELRelativeAxisButtons" "7 6"
EndSection

--
Dan