HELP: Trident issues with cyberblade32xp4 on Toshiba laptop

pcpa at mandriva.com.br pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Thu Oct 25 16:46:38 PDT 2007

Quoting Alan Hourihane <alanh at fairlite.demon.co.uk>:

> On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 14:31 -0700, Ian Romanick wrote:
>>
>> Philip Prindeville wrote:
>>
>> > I googled this issue and found a lot of other people had seen it, going
>> > back 4+ years.  But I only found two postings where people claimed to
>> > have fixed it... and their configs didn't work for me.
>> >
>> > So, to the trident maintainers...  did this issue ever get resolved?
>> > Does anyone have any recollection of what the fix was, or could they
>> > invest a few minutes helping me troubleshoot this?
>>
>> As far as I'm aware, the Trident driver is currently unmaintained.
>> Don't know of any of the X developers that have access to the hardware.
>>  In your googling, did you find any occurances of this bug with other
>> hardware?
>
> I did/do maintain the trident driver and have access to pretty much all
> the hardware, but lack of time has been the downfall here.
>
> Alan.

  Can you set a framebuffer mode at boot?, assuming you are using
Linux, try the
various vga=<number>. If that works, configure X to use the fbdev driver, and
use the same config of the consoles. Or maybe try some ninja configurations
with fbset before starting X.
  Other than that, you may also want to make sure the console, at boot time, is
running in text mode, or maybe using either tridentfb or vesafb...

Paulo