Radeon 7500 + TV out: xorg.conf settings?

David Hagood david.hagood at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 19:24:11 PDT 2007

Thanks for responding - I was starting to feel unwanted *sniff*.

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 22:13 -0400, Alex Deucher wrote:

> with xrandr you only get one screen, so you won't be able to set up
> :0.0 and :0.1 with the xrandr enabled driver.

That's unfortunate, as one of the killer applications for this would be
to have MythTV on the TV and still have the desktop on the other
display.

>  You can set up dualhead
> by default however with VGA and TV.  TV-out detection is disabled by
> default however you can force it on by adding this option to your
> config (requires ati driver from git):
> Option "TVDACLoadDetect" "TRUE"

OK, so it's either build from git or run the commands in startup.

OK, thanks again for the response.