GPL and missing licenses in xf86-input-keyboard? (was Re: [ANNOUNCE] xf86-input-keyboard1.2.2)

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Sep 6 11:35:42 PDT 2007

On Thu, 6 Sep 2007, Alan Coopersmith wrote:

> What advertising clause?   The one everyone hates is the "You must put me
> in your advertising" and I don't see that in the licenses you quoted - the
> one quoted about not using names in advertising without permission isn't
> a problem that I've seen.

Thanks for the clarification. (I read it wrong.)

We still need to obey: "copyright notice and this permission notice appear
in supporting documentation". As I showed in the the multiple emails, we
don't list anything in COPYING and also not all the licenses are even
contained in the xf86-input-keyboard tarball.

I also had five other questions in my earlier emails :)

  Jeremy C. Reed