How to obtain information about all connected screens using XLib

Jeremy Roberson jroberson at interwritelearning.com
Wed Sep 12 17:29:19 PDT 2007

Here is the problem.  I need to obtain screen information for all of the
connected monitors individually.  When a multi monitor setup is configured for
extended desktop, I can only get results for the combined screen using Xlib and
XOpenDisplay.  X only seems to recognize one combined screen, not both.  Any
ideas or help would be appreciated.  There must be a way to get individual
screen information in this type of configuration.