Samsung LE32R7

Simon Morgan sjm at spamcop.net
Thu Sep 13 10:28:37 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have a Samsung LE32R7 LCD TV with a VGA connector which I am trying to
use as a monitor.

The manual says that the maximum (and optimal) supported resolution is
1360x768, however when I use this mode the top, left and right edges of
the picture get chopped off. That is, the edges of the image are not
being displayed on the screen but I can move the mouse cursor "beyond"
the edge.

The TV doesn't have the ability to manually resize the image, only to
auto resize it and move it about.

Lower resolutions work fine but look awful, not only because this is a
widescreen TV and they're all 4:3.

Does anyone have any ideas?

I have uploaded my Xorg.0.log and xorg.conf:

http://pastebin.ca/695823
http://pastebin.ca/695826

Thanks.

--
Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.