Multiple screen/device sections and per-monitor parameters

Mikhail Gusarov dottedmag at dottedmag.net
Thu Sep 13 23:40:28 PDT 2007

Hi,

[extracting from bug 12387]

Alex Deucher suggested me in the bug comemnt: "Also, you don't need multiple
screen and device sections in your config.  you can remove those."

How per-monitor specifics are handled now?

E.g. I have LCD panel in notebook which do not report EDID properly, so I used
to link ServerLayout -> screen0 -> monitor0 in xorg.conf, and specified
DisplaySize in monitor0 configuration.

How to do this properly now? Is single "Screen" clause can contain many
"Monitor" lines? How do X.org distinguish which monitor is connected to which
output?

JID: dottedmag at jabber.dottedmag.net