xserver: Branch 'refs/remotes/origin/glucose-2' - 28 commits

Sean seanlkml at sympatico.ca
Thu Sep 27 10:18:41 PDT 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 15:49:34 +0100
Alan Hourihane <alanh at fairlite.demon.co.uk> wrote:

> On Thu, 2007-09-27 at 17:23 +0300, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 03:00:27PM +0100, Alan Hourihane wrote:
> > > Eh?
> > >
> > > I've seen it appear a few times with other peoples commits and it seems
> > > to be happening when someone commits to master.
> > >
> > > Can someone nuke this branch above or tell me why it's happening ?
> >
> > 'git push origin' is all you want to run.  Sometimes 'git push origin
> > glucose-2'.  But anything else will give you random branches, so don't
> > do that.  git push --all is also a bad idea.
>
> All I did was "git push origin" but I saw it push the
> refs/remotes/origin/glucose-2 too.
>
> Bizarre.

Hi Alan,

The above behavior is to be expected if you have a local branch named "glucose-2".
Unless a refspec is passed to git-push it will push all local branches which have
the same name as one existing in the target repo.

Were you expecting it to only push the currently checked out branch, or is
there a different issue i'm failing to understand?

Sean