xf86driproto-2.1.x?

Dan Nicholson dbn.lists at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 07:07:14 PDT 2008

Hi Kristian,

I see you already tagged and released xf86driproto-2.0.4 with
dri_interface.h removed. It might be too late for this, but I think it
would be better if this change could have a bump in the minor version.
Bumping the patch number implies that the API hasn't changed, but here
a massive portion of it has been removed. That's fine since it still
exists in the stack in Mesa, but people working on a more conservative
track will inevitably try xf86driproto-2.0.4 + Mesa-7.0.x == no dice.

What do you think about releasing this as 2.1.0 (and possibly a 2.0.5
with dri_interface.h back in)?

--
Dan