Recent mesa commit

Pierre Willenbrock pierre at pirsoft.de
Fri Apr 4 11:53:26 PDT 2008

Ben Gamari schrieb:
> Kristian,
>
> Is it possible that your recent commit
> (dc836edf49a08a7fd77fc1f127818b0550558581: Initialize
> GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap attributes correctly.) broke GLX? Since
> today, all GL applications fail to find any visuals. For instance, take
> glxinfo,
>
> ben at mercury /opt/exp/mesa $ glxinfo
> name of display: :0.0
> Error: couldn't find RGB GLX visual
>
>    visual  x  bf lv rg d st colorbuffer ax dp st accumbuffer  ms  cav
>  id dep cl sp sz l  ci b ro  r  g  b  a bf th cl  r  g  b  a ns b eat
> 0x21 24 tc  1  0  0 c  .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
> 0x22 24 dc  1  0  0 c  .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
> 0x56 32 tc  1  0  0 c  .  .  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0  0 0 None
>
> I have bisected the problem down to the commit listed above. The problem
> in particular seems to be triggered by the first chunk of the diff
> (enabling some entries in the attribute map). I'm not too familiar with
> the plumbing for glx visuals, but I'll take a quick look at it tonight.
> Otherwise, is it possible that your change could have lead to some
> unexpected (or perhaps expected ;-) ) breakage? Thanks,
>
> - Ben

i have been suffering from this, too, but recompiling everything from
scratch did not fix this. Searching further, i found that the attribute
__DRI_ATTRIB_YINVERTED has been enabled in the attribute offset list
used to compare with attributes in the DRIconfig struct, although the
needed infrastructure for that attribute is not in place, leading to
failure in all compares.

Regards,
   Pierre