Samsung SyncMaster 720N working only @60Hz

Thomas Ilnseher illth at gmx.de
Wed Apr 9 11:32:24 PDT 2008

Am Mittwoch, den 09.04.2008, 14:30 +0100 schrieb Bill Crawford:

> Plus of course you mean DACs, if the panel is digitally connected ;o)

errmm .. no. I meant ADCs, if the panel is analog connected. the TFT
itself is digitally connected (to the electronics inside the monitor)
anyway, so if you connect it per VGA output, you have to convert the
signal back to digital, therefore you need ADCs (AD converters).

Anyway I checked the datasheets of that monitor, and according to teh
datasheet, it should be able to do the vesa mode you specified in your
original post.

So my answer was actually crap. After some further investigation i found
out that my digitally connected monitor can't do more than 60Hz, do to a
pixel limit of 165MHz imposed by the hdmi standard.

I apologize.

--
Thomas Ilnseher <illth at gmx.de>