Attaching remote display at runtime?

Michel Dänzer michel at tungstengraphics.com
Sat Apr 12 04:54:33 PDT 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-12 at 12:30 +0200, Florian Echtler wrote:

> Bottom line: I'm fine with two separate X servers. I just need a way to
> move the mouse between them when they are situated next to each other.

Let me throw Synergy into the mix of suggestions:

http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/

        «Synergy lets you easily share a single mouse and keyboard
        between multiple computers with different operating systems,
        each with its own display, without special hardware. It's
        intended for users with multiple computers on their desk since
        each system uses its own monitor(s).

        Redirecting the mouse and keyboard is as simple as moving the
        mouse off the edge of your screen. Synergy also merges the
        clipboards of all the systems into one, allowing cut-and-paste
        between systems. Furthermore, it synchronizes screen savers so
        they all start and stop together and, if screen locking is
        enabled, only one screen requires a password to unlock them
        all.»