vmmouse and GPM (console mouse)

Vinay Reddy vinayvinay at gmail.com
Tue Apr 15 10:48:06 PDT 2008

> But I can move out of VMWare window.
> But I can't move back inside to VMWare window automatically. (after click on
> window it works)
>
> Do I miss something special to do?

When you are in console mode, vmmouse (which is an X driver) is not
active.  GPM is essentially reading relative mouse packets generated
by the emulated mouse device. In this case, I don't think you can
automatically ungrab from the VMware window by moving to the edge (as
the host has no idea where your mouse is). If you press Ctrl + Alt (or
whatever combination you have set for the ungrab) to ungrab, then
motion grab (automatic grab when the mouse is over the window) is
disabled for the next grab (else it would keep auto-grabbing). So you
have to click on the Window to grab again. What you are seeing seems
normal to me.

HTH,
Vinay