xf86-video-vesa: Changes to 'master'

Paulo Cesar Pereira de Andrade pcpa at mandriva.com.br
Thu Apr 17 11:59:00 PDT 2008

Julien Cristau wrote:
>  src/vesa.c |   82 +++----------------------------------------------------------
>  src/vesa.h |    8 -----
>
> New commits:
> commit f8a2b6470406415e96b5d03afa2129acd33b1d91
> Author: Julien Cristau <jcristau at debian.org>
> Date:   Thu Apr 17 01:36:48 2008 +0200
>
>     Planar video is gone
>
>     xf1bpp and xf4bpp were removed from the server, so
>     don't try to use them.  The afb code was disabled
>     for years and nobody noticed, remove that too.
  Actually, they are "still" available, but the latest
git X Server must be compiled with --enable-mfb.
  But I think non linear less than 8 bpp only worked
in the first few vesa driver versions, and nobody
cared to fix it after it broke, and, anyway, nowdays
I don't think there is even a "modern" vesa bios that
advertises any such mode.

Paulo