laptop lockup using silicon motion driver

Rhys Ickeringill ickers at bigpond.com
Sun Apr 27 00:57:03 PDT 2008

On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 18:26:57 +1000, comfooc <comfooc at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I  had the same problem, try to add Option UseBios "no" to the Section
> Device in your xorg.conf.
>
> Cheers...

Thanks for the suggestion, but turning off the UseBIOS driver option does not resolve the problem.

However I have been able to get X to start sucessfully by commenting out the line which causes the lockup (though I've no idea what I'm breaking by doing so) and recompiling the driver. Using this modified driver X seems to work okay, but switching back to a text mode console doesn't and closing an XVideo window causes a lockup...

Kind Regards