nv dual head

Stephane Marchesin marchesin at icps.u-strasbg.fr
Mon Apr 28 11:54:38 PDT 2008

On 4/28/08, Tiago Vignatti <vignatti at c3sl.ufpr.br> wrote:
> Hi Yan, how are you?
>
>  Yan Seiner escreveu:
>
> > Could someone please let me know the status of the nv driver?  Does it
>  > support dual head?  and/or does nouveau?  And if nouveau is the way to go,
>  > how close is it to inclusion in the mainstream release?
>

> It must be working with nv.

Dual head doesn't mean dual card but single card with two heads... nv
only supports dual head on g80 (that's 8xxx and 9xxx). If you want
dual head on older stuff, you need nouveau.

As for inclusion in "mainstream releases" it really depends what you
mean... In short, I'd say we're not ready to work on stable
interfaces, but people are welcome to get current git/use prebuilt
git.

Stephane