Pointer grabs causing accessibility issues! Why not deprecate

Daniel Stone daniel at fooishbar.org
Tue Apr 29 06:06:12 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 01:42:33PM +0100, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Daniel Stone, le Tue 29 Apr 2008 15:33:42 +0300, a écrit :
> > On Tue, Apr 29, 2008 at 01:14:25PM +0200, Francesco Fumanti wrote:
> > > Thanks for telling me this. I will point the onscreen keyboard developer
> > > to it.
> >
> > Hi,
> > Please don't use XEvIE.  It's broken and maintainerless.
>
> Eergl. Could we rather say "Please take maintainership of XEvIE"
> instead?  We definitely need things like XEvIE for accessibility...

Why? You're just punting the problem a little further along, until which
point we create another extend to allow you to wrap above XEvIE, just as
XEvIE allows you to wrap above grabs.

Instead, it'd be awesome to solve the problem of PolicyKit not trusting
any external processes/windows, yet still needing input that will
occasionally require assistance from external processes/windows.  Solve
that and you're sorted.

Cheers,
Daniel