Window Transparency without Compositing Manager

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Thu Aug 7 07:00:16 PDT 2008

saad shams a écrit :
> Yes, without ANY composition manager (including xcompmgr). I was trying
> to get an overview from the code in xcompmgr that what is it doing. But
> still in the middle of it....

For learning purposes, I have created a slimmed down version of xcompmgr
that only does basic client-side compositing, ie no more shadow and
fading code. It's only 1500 lines long and much easier to read than the
original one, without all the "useless" stuff.

If you're interested, I could post it somewhere public.

Cheers

--
Rémi Cardona
LRI, INRIA