Window Transparency without Compositing Manager

saad shams saad.shams at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 07:31:34 PDT 2008

what i am trying to say is Not to use the by-default desktop composition
managers as xfwm, Compiz, Beryl, Metacity, xcompmgr, but I want to manually
grab their functionality in my program using core X libraries/extensions so
that it remain independent of extra stuff. I have no harm using XComposite
or Xrender.

regards,