cursor?

Андрей Рандрианасулу randrianasulu at mail.ru
Wed Aug 20 11:04:31 PDT 2008

I have question about commit e02f864fdf19a5ab1682336be343c57fdb69ef43

Suppress cursor display until the first XDefineCursor()

I remember at least one case when bare  X server with movable X-cursor was working, but anything else - not (recently fixed nouveau driver with 16 bpp colordepth)

I can't see logic behind this commit ..Sometimes input subsystem goes mad in my machine,  and video drivers too.. (live on the edge ....). So, having  bare X server with something mouse-controllable is not bad ... Or i misread completely all this?