Linux-2.6.27-rc5, drm errors in log

Bridgman, John John.Bridgman at amd.com
Sat Aug 30 12:25:29 PDT 2008

))I'm drowning in these errors:
))
))Aug 30 13:21:05 coyote kernel: [14927.850078] [drm] wait for fifo failed status : 0x80076100 0x00000000

I'm just going on the code in your email - can't view git until later today - but in this case it seems like the timeouts were always happening and now there is code to print an error message.

IIRC the usual fix is to bump the timeout but (Michael ?) has suggested a couple of times that the ideal solution would be to change the logic so that the driver never times out while the chip is making progress (ie while the number of slots available in the fifo is increasing, even if it hasn't increased enough yet).

The r300 register is only being used in the error message so I don't think that's the problem. Strictly speaking I guess it should be wrapped in a chip-specific conditional but I think it just reads 0 on a pre-r300 chip.