Is intel/SVDO "supported"

sean darcy seandarcy2 at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 14:13:31 PST 2008

Jacques, Hugo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> FYI: I do have SDVO TV out hardware and it does work using Intel IEGD.
> And yes some people do bother: I would be using the Intel Open Source video driver tomorrow morning if this was supported.

I'd never heard of IEGD, but google is your friend.

I've also been waiting for SVDO support. Especially now that Keith
Packard writes today that XvMC support has been committed, the intel
chipsets would be a great basis for HTPC.

But why can't we just use IEGD. Can it just be built and run under X
like any driver? It certainly seems to be able to do everything (
including h.264/vc-1) I need.

sean