Xcomposite questions

Alexei Babich a.babich at rez.ru
Wed Dec 3 05:15:46 PST 2008

Please, tell me, how to implement the following things, according to the scheme(figure) below:
1). Semitransparent background of the window w3; I want to watch the content beneath (under) it (part of the windows w1, w2, root; which intersects with the parts of the window w3). At the same time, functions of the Xrender on this background must work correctly.
2). Drawing in parts of the windows w1, w2, which intersects with the window w3.

I read the documentation for Xrender, Xcomposite, Xdamage, Xfixes and X Window System basics; I am understood everything(?) about this separately, but I can not understand, how do that things, which I described in 1) and 2).

Thank you in advance.

Scheme:
+--------------root_win---------------+
|                                     |
|                                     |
|                                     |
|              +--w2-------+          |
|    +--w1---+ |           |          |
|    |       | |           |          |
|    |   +---+-+---w3-+    |          |
|    +---+            |    |          |
|        |            |    |          |
|        +-----+------+    |          |
|              +-----------+          |
|                                     |
|                                     |
Note:
a) w1, w2 and w3 are childs of root;
b) w3 is OVER w1 and w2
c) No OpenGL present

--
Regards,
Alexei Babich, circuit engineer, OOO NPP "Rezonans", Chelyabinsk, Russia
Jabber ID: impatt at jabber.ru