MPX window managers?

Colin Guthrie gmane at colin.guthr.ie
Sun Dec 7 10:58:08 PST 2008

'Twas brillig, and Chris Ball at 07/12/08 18:18 did gyre and gimble:
> Hi Peter,
>
>    > mpwm is dead, and it's for the better.  compiz has recently been
>    > picked up and improved:
>
> Thanks for the reply.  This is disappointing; the compiz work is an
> unreviewed patchset against unspecified versions of compiz and Xorg,
> with Xorg patches that the author doesn't plan on submitting upstream.

I'd speak to Sam directly about that. I'm not sure it's that he doesn't
want to submit them upstream, it's just that they are perhaps not
appropriate for upstream in their current form.

I doubt it's his long term goal to maintain separate patches into the
future.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie