Fwd: X.org PCI changes breaks support for Silicon Motion SM720 Lynx3DM card?

Francisco Jerez currojerez at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 11:51:14 PST 2008

"Richard Schwarting" <aquarichy at gmail.com> writes:

> Hey.  The patches cured XAA slowness for me and obviate the need for
> the "UseBIOS" "NO" option for both EXA and XAA for me.  Hurrah.
>
> I mentioned before that after suspending in Fedora, resuming gives me
> a blank screen.  If I do any VT switches, than light streaks start
> forming starting from the top and bottom edge and bleeding across
> vertically across the screen.
>
> This is with XAA acceleration, but it happens with EXA as well.
>
> When I had a working Ubuntu installation last week, I was able to
> suspend and restore freely.  Is this likely a Fedora issue and not the
> driver/X?

Hi, I've got some questions:

Does VT switching work before suspending? You may still need to
specify the UseBIOS off option for it to work.

Also, are you suspending to disk or ram? Does it restore the video
state properly if you suspend on the terminal, with no X server
started? Are you using a frontend like the hibernate script for
suspending? Is it trying to restore the video state with something
like vbetool? (If not, you might want to give it a try)