xorg-x11-drv-evdev-2.1.0 causing xorg to crash

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Dec 14 14:08:01 PST 2008

On Fri, Dec 12, 2008 at 04:45:01PM -0500, Ben Gamari wrote:
> Yet more evidence that we should teach valgrind about gem, xserver
> memory maps, et al. Even without filtering out gem events, I was still
> able to catch dozens of memory leaks. It would definitely help with some
> of the mesa crashers I've been trying to figure out.
>
> - Ben

> > > In any case, reverting the evdev package to what is in F10 stable
> > > stopped the crashing.
> >
> > That's... disturbing.  Suggests that the evdev driver is stomping on
> > memory somehow.
> >
> > - ajax

For the archives, the follow-up from the other list: Original reporter states
that "You can probably cough this one up to the wind. I rebooted, installed
the new evdev and Xorg packages, rebooted again, and have been running stable
for 24 hours."

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-test-list/2008-December/msg00467.html

Cheers,
  Peter