nvidia's blob cluebar Was: xrandr not really changing resolution

Rui Tiago Cação Matos tiagomatos at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 08:02:36 PST 2008

2008/12/15 Tony Houghton <h at realh.co.uk>:
> I've noticed that if I change resolution with xrandr the physical output
> appears to stay at the original resolution and the graphics card scales
> up the smaller resolution. Is this a quirk of NVidia's proprietary
> driver or a standard xrandr feature? Is there a way to force it to
> change the physical output, perhaps using VidModeExtension instead of
> xrandr? I want to be able to select a refresh rate as well as the
> resolution.

RTFM: ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/Linux-x86/180.16/README/appendix-b.html

In particular, grep for FlatPanelProperties.

Someone should add a proeminent cluebar to
http://lists.freedesktop.org/mailman/listinfo/xorg so that people
using nvidia's blob go ask at
http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14 instead.