Font problems

Lukas Hejtmanek xhejtman at ics.muni.cz
Mon Dec 15 13:03:14 PST 2008

Hello,

after upgrading from Xserver 1.5.3 to 1.5.99.3, I have problems with legacy
fonts.

The Xserver complains about:
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/truetype/freefont,
removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/truetype/msttcorefonts, removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1, removing
from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,
removing from list!
[dix] Could not init font path element /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/:unscaled,
removing from list!

and if trying to add any path, it results with:
xset +fp /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc/
xset:  bad font path element (#23), possible causes are:
    Directory does not exist or has wrong permissions
    Directory missing fonts.dir
    Incorrect font server address or syntax

I had no problem in 1.5.3. What am I missing?

--
Lukáš Hejtmánek