Intel graphics benchmarked by Phoronix

Nikos Chantziaras realnc at arcor.de
Tue Dec 23 08:22:02 PST 2008

Devin Heitmueller wrote:
> I don't know if you guys have seen this yet, but Phoronix did an
> evaluation of the more recent Intel changes, and it was less than
> favorable:
>
> http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=intel_graphics_q408&num=1

That test is wrong.  You don't compare different drivers on different
distros.  You compare them on the same distro.  Now I get to say that
it's not the driver that is slower, but it's the newer Ubuntu version
that slows it down.

They should learn to benchmark :P  And they should learn to also name
the benchmarks appropriately (that it compares performance of two Ubuntu
versions rather than Intel driver versions.)