Preferred (gentoo) Intel Stack?

m h sesquile at gmail.com
Tue Dec 23 13:05:54 PST 2008

Folks-

I just moved from Ubuntu 8.04 (32 bit) to Gentoo (64 bit) on my
Thinkpad t61p.  After doing so, I've had X crash when toggling xine to
fullscreen (which wasn't happening in ubuntu).  This happens with both
amd64 and ~amd64 versions of the intel driver.  I guess I'm asking if
there are gentoo folk out there that are happy with their intel
driver, can they point me in the right direction.  Are there overlays
I should be using?

Sorry if this is off topic, I guess I could post the X logs, but I
figured I'd ask first if there are people who are satisfied (or have a
non-crashing driver) first.

thanks much,

-matt