How to get working OpenGL on Intel G45?

Magnus Hörlin magnus at alefors.se
Sat Dec 27 00:49:47 PST 2008

Adam K Kirchhoff wrote:

> What is the output of 'LIBGL_DEBUG=verbose glxinfo' ?
>
> Adam

Thanks a lot Adam, that gave me a lot of info. For one, I had no drirc
but when I did I got this:

libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/i965_dri.so
libGL error: failed to open drm device: Permission denied
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/swrast_dri.so

so it seems like I don't have the right to use drm. With:

sudo glxinfo|grep renderer
OpenGL renderer string: Mesa DRI Intel(R) G45/G43 GEM 20080716 x86/MMX/SSE2

everything looks fine. But:

glxinfo|grep renderer
OpenGL renderer string: Software Rasterizer

What should I do to allow my user to do that? I run startx as user "vdr"
and have /usr/bin/Xorg set suid root. I also have
"allowed_users=anybody" in Xwrapper.config.

I also noticed this:
xdriinfo
Xlib:  extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
Screen 0: not direct rendering capable.

That's not right is it? Is that because it's dri2 capable? And where can
I find information about the drirc file?
Thanks again,
/Magnus H