input settings get ignored?

Peter Hutterer peter.hutterer at who-t.net
Sun Dec 28 15:17:13 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 28, 2008 at 09:45:12AM +0000, Magnus Kessler wrote:
> On Sunday 28 December 2008, Bernd Steinhauser wrote:
> > I was upgrading to xorg-server 1.6 Beta3 (1.5.99.3) and I have one nasty
> > problem, which I'm not sure if it is me doing something wrong or if
> > there is a bug.
> [snip]
> > In addition to that, some keys don't work or are working wrong, for
> > example, when using the standard layout, the ↑ key acts as a print key.
> > I guess that has something to do with the model or the rules.
>
> The up-arrow behaving like the print key is usually caused by using a pc10x
> keyboard model with the evdev driver.

actually, to be precise this is caused by any keyboard model other than evdev
if the ruleset is 'base'.

'base' pulls in the xfree86 keycodes which screw the whole thing up. The evdev
ruleset (part of xkeyboard-config 1.4 and later) pulls in the evdev keycodes,
regardless of the model.

"setxkbmap -rules evdev -model pc104 -layout us" is valid now.

Cheers,
  Peter