C99 types in Xmd.h?

Joerg Sonnenberger joerg at britannica.bec.de
Tue Feb 5 18:21:23 PST 2008

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 05:18:59PM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Anyone object to using C99 types (uint32_t etc.) in Xmd.h?  It would make
> portably printing bitfields and such a bit easier...  Alternately we could
> just kill CARD32 and many of the other types in there completely.

Please keep CARD and friends, but use the C99 types to specify them.
I'm not sure if pkgsrc is running on any platforms that doesn't provide
the C99 types, but it would be easy to patch that in if there is.
Note that inclusion of inttypes.h and stdint.h has to be done carefully,
not all platforms have them. A good fallback is sys/types.h or really
complaining if the types don't exist.

I could provide patches for the configure part of the game.

Joerg