Few words about intel graphics on G965 (DG965RY)

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 11:53:29 PST 2008

2008/2/8, Maxim Levitsky <maximlevitsky at gmail.com>:
> Forgot to ask one question:
> I need only the xserver?
> I don't need other parts of the X (libraries etc)
> Can I use the devel packages that come with kubuntu?

My experience is that you need at least the xserver and compile
keyboard, mouse and video driver for it. You may perhaps use some of
the devel packages that come with kubuntu, but some will be too old.
Especially you will need newer libpciaccess and perhaps some others.
Xserver will complain about missing / too old libraries when
configuring or at least when compiling.

And indeed kubuntu 8.04 development version is not currently including
the latest xserver, since the 1.5/master branch is in development and
not released like the 1.4 version. Same applies to some of the
libraries.

-Timo