Ideazon Zboard and evdev 1.2.0

Nathan Caldwell saintdev at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 23:41:28 PST 2008

On Feb 10, 2008 11:26 PM, Daniel Stone <daniel at fooishbar.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 10, 2008 at 11:10:03PM -0700, Nathan Caldwell wrote:
> > Hi, I just recently upgraded to the 1.2.0 evdev driver and have run
> > into some problems. I have an Ideazon Zboard as the topic says, and
> > whenever I press the up-arrow it launches gnome-screenshot (I guess
> > this would mean it maps to Print Screen?). Xev doesn't show anything
> > for that keypress, and pressing Print Screen shows up in Xev as
> > pressing and releasing "Print", and gnome-screenshot doesn't show up.
> > If I downgrade to evdev 1.1.5 (and downgrade HAL from 0.5.10 to
> > 0.5.9.1) everything (to the best of my knowledge) works correctly. I'm
> > running Gentoo on amd64, and have xorg-server 1.4.0.90.
>
> Your desktop environment (GNOME, KDE, whatever) is using pc105 as the
> default keyboard layout instead of evdev.  setxkbmap -model evdev will
> fix from the command line.
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel

Daniel, thanks for the quick reply!
I got very excited when I saw how simple of a fix this could be. Sadly
I don't think this is the case (I wouldn't be surprised if I was still
wrong, however).  I tried setxkbmap -model evdev, as you suggested,
and it didn't fix the problem. When I upgraded evdev, GNOME said that
the model of keyboard GNOME was using (pc105) and the model X was
using (evdev) were different and asked which I wanted to use. I
selected the X model. The GNOME Keyboard Preferences window lists
"Evdev-managed keyboard" as the keyboard model. Is there any other way
I can check which model is being used?

--
-Nathan Caldwell