Linux on an Ultra 45 with an XVR-300, libpciaccess fix needed?

Martin Bochnig mb1x at gmx.com
Mon Feb 11 11:23:33 PST 2008

> On Feb 9, 2008 10:34 PM, Alan Coopersmith <Alan.Coopersmith at sun.com>
> wrote:
>  > http://wikis.sun.com/display/FOSSdocs/Home
>
> Alan,
>
> Thank you for that link, I just send email to  ombudsman at Sun dot com
> asking for help.

Mr. Kane, what do you think is your problem with libpciaccess?
How do you think the ombudsman will help you?

libpciaccess may lack some user-friendliness, as it does not work out of the box currently (doesn't autodetect each platform's correct pci-root-nexus [just hardwire it by hand and recompile libpciaccess], plus doesn't properly match pci-id's with their corresponding text descriptions due to a disabled [and otherwise SIGSEGV'ing] for-loop). But it has been written by someone from Sun China who ...

# ... has access to SUNW's internal knowledge

# ... knows how to use it

So what do we want more? the difficult parts of libpciaccess are functioning already, and THIS IS GREAT!
I suggest you just wait until the new server gets released. Then SB1500, SB2500, U25 and U45 (just as many many servers, telcos and Niagara1 and 2) should just work.