Xvfb and Composite extension

Rémi Cardona remi at gentoo.org
Tue Feb 12 02:37:08 PST 2008

Alan Coopersmith a écrit :
> Rémi Cardona wrote:
>> Rémi Cardona a écrit :
>>> ~/bin/Xvfb +extension XEVIE +extension Composite -ac -fbdir /tmp :1
>>
>> FWIW, the Xorg that's built along has no problem enabling the
>> Composite extension.
>>
>> I tried digging in mi/miinitext.c but I don't see any reason why
>> Composite and Xvfb shouldn't get along...
>
> You can use Xorg in an Xvfb-like fashion, using the xf86-video-dummy and
> void input drivers, though I haven't checked if the dummy driver does
> composite correctly - just use an xorg.conf file that looks like this
> (add Files and Module sections as needed for older Xorg versions):

Thanks for the suggestion, I could definitely use that for other tests.

As far as Xvfb is concerned, I stepped line by line through
CompositeExtensionInit in composite/compext.c and found that Xvfb
defaults to 8bit PseudoColor.

Forcing Xvfb with "-screen 0 1280x1024x24" allowed Composite to work
correctly.

Cheers

--
Rémi Cardona