How does the Intel/EXA driver accalerate AA trapezoids?

Eric Anholt eric at anholt.net
Wed Feb 13 10:56:26 PST 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 19:45 +0100, Clemens Eisserer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just because of interest, how well does the Intel/EXA driver
> accelerate rendering of antialiased trapezoids?
>
> Does it accelerate only the composition step after uploading a
> mask-image generated by software-loops, or is it (and the hardware)
> capable enough to do the "whole" rendering process on the GPU?

The trapezoid is rendered in software and uploaded, then compositing of
it is done in hardware.  For 965 we want to do the trap rendering in
hardware, but it hasn't made it to the top of the TODO list yet.  For
945 it looks prohibitively difficult to do in hardware.

--
Eric Anholt                             anholt at FreeBSD.org
eric at anholt.net                         eric.anholt at intel.com