Xorg 7.4 release plan

Dave Airlie airlied at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 12:08:09 PST 2008

>  I wasn't planning on a Mesa 7.1 (trunk code) release for a while, but I
>  could finish up 7.0.3 at any moment.  I have to admit that I haven't
>  actually tested Mesa 7.0.3 with current X code in quite a while though.
>
>  Before Mesa 7.1 I'd like to see a new, official DRM release.  Otherwise,
>  it's hard to identify a snapshot of DRM that works with Mesa.  I know I
>  always have trouble with DRM versioning otherwise.
>
>  Is there any kind of roadmap for a new DRM release?

When TTM hits the kernel, I'll release a libdrm to work with that and
solidify the API,

however people keep finding apparently valid reasons to pick holes in
the TTM API, however I haven't seen the discussion brought up in the
few weeks since.

Either that or we just turn off TTM parts of the i915 driver in Mesa
and release a libdrm with no TTM API for now.

Dave.