Document License

darklama darklama at gmail.com
Tue Jan 1 20:02:02 PST 2008

I am interested in making use of the docs included in the xorg-docs
package as the bases of some work on a wiki project in order to provide
some  updated information on writing X11 applications. However in order
to be able to use xorg-docs on the wiki project I first need to get
permission from copyright holders to use the docs in xorg-docs under the
terms of the GFDL license.

Most of the docs in xorg-docs that I am interested in using are
"Copyrighted by the X Consortium". If I understand things correctly
the X Consortium handed over the copyrights to the Open Group which
in turn handed over the copyrights to the X.Org Foundation. So if I
want permission I need to get permission from the X.Org Foundation.

I am not sure who at the X.Org Foundation I would need to contact
in order to get permission to use xorg-docs under the GFDL license.
Does anyone on this mailing list have any idea who I should or need
to contact at the X.Org Foundation to get permission in order to
satisfy the requirements of the wiki project?

-- darklama