HDMI output under Linux

hulifox008 hulifox008 at 163.com
Wed Jan 2 00:20:38 PST 2008

 Hello:
    Forgive my pool english. Recently I've got a mainboard with intel 945gme chipset. And there is a HDMI port on the mainboard which bridged to the 945gme's SDVO output through a chrontel CH7315B chip. I've updated my Xserver to 1.4 and intel-video driver to 2.1.1. The HDMI video output works very well. But there's no sound from HDMI port :(

  There's a two-wire cable connects the CH7315B to the SPDIF output on the mainboard. I've enabled the SPDIF output in the system. Even I've measured the signal of the SPDIF output with a oscillograph, it seems fine. But there is still no sound output.

    I think there may be a switch in the CH7315, but what can I do to it?

    Any suggestions would be  very help!

    ps: Under windows, both video and audio are OK.