Adding xinput to apps

Simon Thum simon.thum at gmx.de
Thu Jan 3 12:27:43 PST 2008

> Yep, I'm still up for it. I'd like to push out a new official release soon
> but right now I'm still having problems with server 1.4. If input hotplug is
> disabled, then it seems to work correctly, but with hotplug enabled, it seems
> to be ignoring any attempts at altering mouse acceleration or button maps. As
> far as I can tell, the app is doing the right thing (when you query state it

Hi Phil,

I just had some time do work on my patch (bug#8583) and got to a state
where I wanted to modify xinput to tune my acceleration settings.
However, things don't look too great:

> xinput list
"Mouse0"        id=1    [XPointer]

> xinput get-feedbacks "Mouse0"
unable to find device Mouse0

Well, I don't know what's goin on. Comments appreciated :)

Regards,

Simon

PS
xinput as from today's git.