new 'xvmc' branch of intel video driver

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Thu Jan 3 19:05:48 PST 2008

On 2008.01.01 20:48:47 -0500, R. G. Newbury wrote:
 > > However, now I find I do not know how to test this alongside the old
 > > version.
 > > Copying the new intel_drv.so into /usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers
fails. X
 > > will not start, reporting a 'module mismatch error'.
 > >
 > > Munging PATH and ld.so.conf to put the /tmp/modular/bin and
 > > /tmp/modular/lib folders into the path ahead of the normal references
 > > did not work. Xorg.0.old continued to report that the module path is
 > > /usr/lib/xorg.

 >You may have an origin module path config in your /etc/X11/xorg.conf?

No, there are no paths given in xorg.conf

 > > So how do I *test* the new stuff? By which I mean, I can come back to
 > > the present setup..

 >Just make sure libIntelXvMC.so could be found by your ld.so, or
 >write absolute path into XvMCConfig and put under your xorg build's
 >config dir.

There is NO libIntelXvMC.so in /tmp/modular/lib after building. There is
a libI810XvMC.so.1.0.0 and a libXvMC.so.1.0.0 and a libXvMCW.so.1.0.0

But no libIntel...!?
The driver is found as /tmp/modular/lib/xorg/modjules/drivers/intel_drv.so.

Is your reference to libIntelXvMC just a mental slip and you did mean
libI810XvMC.so?

Or have I somehow *still* failed to compile this properly?

Geoff