Status on AMD Drivers?

Chad masterclc at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 10:15:12 PST 2008

Hello Xorg developers!

I've been eyeballing a board with an AMD 690G chipset for quite some
time and am just curious what the status is on the "new" open drivers
(radeonhd).  Specifically I'm looking to use it as a media board and
am wondering what it's HDTV capabilities are (720p 1080i/p)?  In
comparison I currently use an Nvidia 6150 based board (using closed
source Nvidia binary blob) and am able to output full 1920x1080
resolution on it and only use about 30% of an AMD 3200+ AM2 (single
core) CPU.  I'm hoping for similar results, but am just curious for
now what the status currently is.  I have seen:
http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd

And maybe it says it somewhere, but I don't see information about my
above hopefuls.  Also I do see that it mentions the HDMI and Component
are not working yet; does that also include DVI, and either way, any
ideas on when those might be working?

Thanks again!

-Chad