new 'xvmc' branch of intel video driver

R. G. Newbury newbury at mandamus.org
Wed Jan 9 02:24:08 PST 2008

R.G. Newbury wrote:
>> I am not near that machine, so I cannot check the log, but I would think
>> that it would not be using the old X binary as it should have been
>> overwritten by the new one.

The 'should have been' is the problem. Various (slightly weird) errors
meant that no Xorg binary was being built and I did not notice the error
message buried in the build.log.
So of course, the system started with the old Xorg (which had not been
overwritten) and then complained about the new driver....QED

And Geoff Newbury, who is never uummm, wrong...was...ahhhh, misdirected
by the voluminous nature and plethora of reported output!...That's my
story and I'm sticking to it. Whaddaya mean 'blind'? You might think
that but I could not possibly comment!

Geoff