[Headsup]: Bugzilla Upgrade Scheduled for 20070111

Jin, Gordon gordon.jin at intel.com
Sun Jan 13 19:37:56 PST 2008

Benjamin Close wrote on Thursday, January 03, 2008 3:33 PM:
> Hi All,
>     Just a warning that I'll be upgrading bugzilla to 3.0.2 on 11th of
> Jan 2008 AEST.
>
> Among the features BZ 3 brings is email correspondence for bugs,
> faster response time, utf8 bug reports and most importantly,
> attachments at the time of bug filing.
> The upgrade will take about an hour and during this time bugzilla will
> be unavailable.

Benjamin, thanks for doing this.

I'm seeing NEEDINFO status has been removed from bugzilla 3.0.x.
NEEDINFO was useful to indicate lacking of info so the developer kicks
the ball to the reporter. I know changing assignee can achieve similar
goal, but IMHO changing assignee is not so convenient operation as
changing a field or flag. Can we have a flag for NEEDINFO in the new
bugzilla?

Regards
Gordon